Officevibe’s GDPR Commitment
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is now in effect, and Officevibe is here to support you in meeting its requirements.
What Is GDPR?
GDPR is setting a new standard for how organizations collect, use, and protect EU citizens’ personal information. With the growing concern for data safety, this law is designed to restore the confidence of the public.
GDPR Implications For Your Organization
Whether or not your organization is based in the EU, all business that control or process personal information of EU citizens have to do so in accordance with the GDPR requirements.
As an employer, this means that you are responsible for ensuring that the personal information of your EU citizen employees is processed in accordance with the GDPR requirements.
Because of this, you are also responsible for ensuring that any workplace service providers that you use will process the personal information of your EU citizen employees in accordance with the GDPR requirements.
Officevibe’s Commitment Of Support In Your Organization’s GDPR Compliance
Officevibe is committed to supporting you in ensuring that your use of our workplace tool meets the GDPR requirements.
Here are some of the measures that Officevibe has put in place to reflect that:
Officevibe’s Contractual Terms Reflect GDPR Requirements
Officevibe has prepared a Data Processing Addendum that contains the GDPR contractual requirements. Where applicable, this Data Processing Addendum is incorporated into our Terms of Service, available at https://officevibe.com/terms.
Our contractual commitments relevant to GDPR are that:
- Officevibe will be transparent and never use your employees’ personal information other than as instructed by you,
- Officevibe will maintain appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your employees’ personal information,
- Officevibe will assist you with requests from your employees regarding their personal information that is processed using our services.
Officevibe Will Continue To Improve Its Security Infrastructures
Officevibe is committed to maintaining appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your employees’ personal information in line with the GDPR requirements.
Our commitments to maintaining our security measures are as follows:
- Officevibe ensures that, to the extent possible, your employees’ personal information is pseudonymized,
- Officevibe ensures that your employees’ personal information is encrypted, both in transit and at rest,
- Officevibe has measures in place to ensure the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability, and resilience of Officevibe processing systems and services,
- Officevibe can restore the availability and access to your employees’ personal information in a timely manner in the event of a physical or technical incident, and
- Officevibe is putting in place a process for regularly testing, assessing, and evaluating the effectiveness of technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of your employees’ personal information.
For more details regarding Officevibe’s commitment to invest in its security infrastructures, we invite you to read our Data Processing Addendum.
Officevibe Complies With GDPR International Data Transfer Mechanisms
GDPR does not require personal information of EU citizens to be stored in the EU. GDPR does, however, require transfers of EU citizens’ personal information outside of the EU to comply with certain international data transfer standards. One of these standards is that prior to transferring an EU citizen’s personal information to a third country, the European Commission must have decided that the third country ensures an adequate level of protection.
Officevibe is committed to ensuring that all transfers of your employees’ personal information are and will be in compliance with the required international data transfer standards.
Officevibe is located in Canada and is subject to Canadian privacy laws. This is good news, because the European Commission has included Canada in its list of countries recognized as providing adequate protection.
As your data processor, Officevibe transfers your employees’ personal information to only two third-party subprocessors : our data center provider and our database service management provider. Both of these subprocessors are certified under the E.U.-U.S. Privacy Shield, a framework negotiated and agreed upon by the European Commission and U.S. Department of Commerce as a lawful way of transferring personal data.
Officevibe’s Products Are Designed To Help You Meet Your GDPR Requirements
Officevibe is committed to making every effort to build product features that help you meet your GDPR requirements.
Officevibe ensures that you can meet the GDPR data portability requirements by providing, among others, features that permit you to export some of the employees’ personal information.
Officevibe is here for you. Please contact our customer support team if you have any GDPR-specific questions.