Written by: the Officevibe Content Team
Inspiration doesn’t always come naturally, and even the most motivated employees occasionally need a boost.
Employee motivation is a complex process and, as a manager, you are sometimes too busy to take the time to implement exhaustive motivation techniques. In this case, these quotes might give your employees a well-needed boost.
Sometimes all we need is to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. A little bit of perspective can go a long way, and quotes from inspirational figures can be just the thing to bring it.
Whether you want to enhance an email, make your next presentation more impactful, or give your employees a morale boost before a big week, we’ve got a quote for you. Set the tone and get your employees motivated with this diverse selection of inspirational quotes for any occasion.
Why you should motivate your employees
Employee motivation is a critical aspect of employee engagement. Because each employee is different, it’s part of your responsibility as a manager to find out what motivates each team member. A motivated employee will be willing to go the extra mile to ensure the success of your team. Also, motivation inspires. If an employee is motivated, the behavior might spread to other members of your team.
On the other hand, a demotivated employee can also spread negativity to others. Be wary of the signs of disengagement before it’s too late.
According to Officevibe data, 22% of employees feel that their work is not fulfilling.
Motivating your team members will create a sense of belonging in your team. Since employee motivation is so important, you should work towards implementing long-lasting engagement initiatives. These will make you stand out as a great leader and help to improve relationships with your employees.
60 inspiring motivational quotes to share with your team.
- If you’re offered a seat on a rocket ship, don’t ask what seat! Just get on. – Sheryl Sandberg
- To win in the marketplace you must first win in the workplace. – Doug Conant
- When people are financially invested, they want a return. When people are emotionally invested, they want to contribute. – Simon Sinek
- Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn. – Benjamin Franklin
- I always did something I was a little not ready to do. I think that’s how you grow. When there’s that moment of ‘Wow, I’m not really sure I can do this,’ and you push through those moments, that’s when you have a breakthrough. – Marissa Mayer
- Every strike brings me closer to the next home run. – Babe Ruth
- Focus on the journey, not on arriving at a certain destination.” – Chris Hadfield
- We must all learn not only to not fear change, but to embrace it enthusiastically and, perhaps even more important, encourage and drive it. – Tony Hsieh
- Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, “I’m possible! – Audrey Hepburn
- Always treat your employees exactly as you want them to treat your best customers. – Stephen R Covey
- Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment – Oprah Winfrey
- Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try. – John F. Kennedy
- Research indicates that workers have three prime needs: Interesting work, recognition for doing a good job, and being let in on things that are going on in the company. – Zig Ziglar
- If you don’t stand for something, you’ll fall for anything. – Malcolm X
- If you hear a voice within you say “you cannot paint,” then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced. – Vincent Van Gogh
- When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. – Lao Tzu
- When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. – Henry Ford
- You can have all the potential in the world, but unless you have confidence, you have nothing. – Tyra Banks
- It’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years. – Abraham Lincoln
- Appreciate everything your associates do for the business. Nothing else can quite substitute for a few well-chosen, well-timed, sincere words of praise. They’re absolutely free and worth a fortune. – Sam Walton
- Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve. – Mary Kay Ash
- The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team. – Phil Jackson
- There are only three measurements that tell you nearly everything you need to know about your organization’s overall performance: employee engagement, customer satisfaction, and cash flow. – Jack Welch
- You can’t let your failures define you. You have to let your failures teach you. – Barack Obama
- Some companies don’t have an engagement problem, they have a hiring problem. – Bob Kelleher
- Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. – Thomas Edison
- If you don’t understand, ask questions. If you’re uncomfortable about asking questions, say you are uncomfortable about asking questions and then ask anyway. It’s easy to tell when a question is coming from a good place. Then listen some more. – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- The first thing that has to be recognized is that one cannot train someone to be passionate–it’s either in their DNA or it’s not. – Richard Branson
- If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try. – Seth Godin
- In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different. – Coco Chanel
- When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor. – Elon Musk
- If you don’t give people a chance to fail, you won’t innovate. If you want to be an innovative company, allow people to make mistakes.– Indra Nooyi
- The only way to do great work is to love what you do. – Steve Jobs
- Failure is not the opposite of success; it’s part of success. – Arianna Huffington
- Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection. – Mark Twain
- Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships. – Michael Jordan
- In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not. – Albert Einstein
- Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose. – Bill Gates
- If people are doubting how far you can go, go so far that you can’t hear them anymore. – Michele Ruiz
- A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. – Winston Churchill
- People do not decide to become extraordinary. They decide to accomplish extraordinary things. – Edmund Hillary
- The one thing I learned is to just give everything a shot. You don’t want to live in regret. – Chloe Kim
- The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. – Walt Disney
- Don’t sit down and wait for the opportunities to come. Get up and make them. – Madam C. J. Walker
- Often any decision, even the wrong decision, is better than no decision.– Ben Horowitz
- Remember that just because you hit bottom doesn’t mean you have to stay there – Robert Downey Jr.
- Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration. – Thomas Edison
- The three things that motivate creative people – autonomy, mastery, purpose!
- You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. – Maya Angelou
- Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.– Jim Rohn
- Your story is what you have, what you will always have. It is something to own. – Michelle Obama
- Getting the right people and the right chemistry is more important than the right idea. – Ed Catmull
- It’s the job that’s never started as takes longest to finish. – J.R.R. Tolkien
- The best way to predict the future is to invent it. – Mark Cuban
- The true competitors, though, are the ones who always play to win. – Tom Brady
- You can’t be afraid to fail. It’s the only way you succeed. You’re not gonna succeed all the time and I know that. – LeBron James
- Always work hard on something uncomfortably exciting. – Larry Page
- The most important investment you can make is in yourself. – Warren Buffett
- If you think you’re too small to have an impact, try going to bed with a mosquito. – Anita Roddick
- You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take. – Wayne Gretzky